Canning Across America Rotating Header Image

Can-A-Rama is Today and Tomorrow!

Ladies and Gentlemen: Start your kettles! It’s Can-A-Rama weekend! Got your produce? Your tools? Your timer? Your recipe? You’re ready!

Be sure to send us dispatches from the field–we want to hear from you! Events, parties, canning doings, poetry and stories, great and small–we want to hear about them! Send them to us at:
Canningacrossamerica (AT) gmail (DOT) com.

And Canvolutionaries: have fun and be safe out there!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Print Friendly

13 Comments

1. mk says:

I’m making spicy orange ketchup from Linda Ziedrich’s great book “Joy of Pickling”….

right now!

2. Rebecca says:

I’m making Lemon Vanilla jam and the smell is delicious! I’m ready to can everything!

3. […] Our goal is to promote safe food preservation and the joys of community … See more here: Can-A-Rama is Today and Tomorrow! – Canning Across America Share and […]

4. I just made 11 jars of Indian Chai Spice Strawberry jam. Basically it contains cinnamon sticks, anise, cardamom, cracked black pepper, red wine and port in addition to the strawberries, lemon juice, lemon zest, pectin and sugar.

Tomorrow I’ll be making some Chocolate Strawberry Rum jam and maybe some Melon Candied Ginger & Cointreau if I have time.

I’ll have the recipes up on my blog this next week.

5. Bailey says:

We are making pickled beets and we have pickled about 15 lbs of cukes! YUM!!

6. ReBecca says:

I made Strawberry Jelly and plan on making Strawberry-Raspberry Jelly and Prickly Pear Jelly tomorrow.

7. […] Can-A-Rama is Today and Tomorrow! – Canning Across America http://www.canningacrossamerica.com/2009/08/29/can-a-rama-is-today-and-tomorrow – view page – cached #RSS 2.0 RSS .92 Atom 0.3 Canning Across America » Can-A-Rama is Today and Tomorrow! Comments Feed Canning Across America Welcome! Can-A-Rama Prep: Tips for Canning With Children — From the page […]

8. tigress says:

i bought 5 pounds of lovely greengages yesterday and will be jammin’ today!
    will post the results at tigress in a jam. :)

9. […] if we don’t can today, we can still use the elements embraced within the signs of Virgo and Capricorn to navigate our […]

10. Canning sweet pickle relish today. Put up 8 pts haricot vert and jaune yesterday. Starting 8-day sweet pickle chunks. Considering watermelon rind pickle, too. Tomatoes tomorrow – sauce, salsa, and crushed.

11. Emily says:

Yesterday I hosted a fun canning information session at my local library, from which one lucky winner went home with a canning starter kit from Ball. Today, I’m making Damson plum jam with my favorite sous-chef, my 6 year old daughter!

12. Leekfixer says:

Today we canned watermelon rind pickles, pickled green beans, marjoram jelly, thyme jelly, jalapeno pepper jelly and watermelon jelly.

13. Amy Artisan says:

After my first foray into canning (jam) 2 weeks ago & a 2nd batch of jam on Thursday, I canned 4 more recipes this weekend:
    Sugar Plums & Pickled Summer Veggies from this site
    Spiced Tomato Jam & Blueberry Jam
    I blogged the details today: http://amyartisan.com/blog/2009/08/30/preserving-summer/ & added pictures to the Flickr pool. Such fun in the kitchen!