Canning Across America Rotating Header Image

CAA Flickr Photo of the Week by 7thswan

Pantry 2010
It’s that time of year where our pantries and larders are full of goodies from the recent harvest. This week’s photo of the week spotlight is 7thswan’s impressive pantry. Well done!

Thank you for your contribution, 7thswan.

If you’d like to participate, please join our community’s Flickr pool and submit your photos!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Print Friendly

15 Comments

1. Jenny C says:

That is simply amazing. I wish I had the room and motivation to do this.

2. Chiot's Run says:

Now that’s a pantry – WOW Love the basket of onions in the corner.

3. Grace says:

Wow! Which deadly sin is envy? Covetousness? I now have a bad case of pantry envy and, oh, those jars full of home canned goodness! Beautiful.

4. Pam says:

This picture warms my heart. It’s beautiful, no, gorgeous, no, spectacular, no, breathtaking, no, there aren’t words to describe it. But it takes someone who cans to truly appreciate the mastery (and hours) that went into that room.

5. Marmee says:

Just beautiful! Please put something across the front of those shelves so that an small tremor doesn’t knock them all to the ground!

6. Tami says:

Are you people feeding the Duggars?

7. Michelle says:

I have started canning this year and though I grew alot of vegetables, I still had to purchase produce to can more. How do you cut cost to have such an abundant pantry full of canned food?

8. dixiebelle says:

No labels? Can you tell from looking what’s in there? Or are the labels on top of the jars? In Australia, we have Fowlers Vacola jars, which are a solid metal lid, which of course you could stick a label onto, but not just place one in, like with Mason jars. Anyways, it looks fantastic, would been better without the boxes in front, but wow, impressive pantry. Is this just one years worth of harvesting & preserving?

9. Emmy says:

WOW that looks absolutely amazing. My husband would think he was in heaven if he saw that in our house. Actually that pantry looks about the same size as my kitchen :)

I want to learn “canning”. Can anyone recommend any good sites that provides simple instructions on how to do it, recipes, how long they store etc?

I would love some advice.

10. 7thswan says:

Thanks for the complements. The boxes hold my potatoes,kennabecks,reds and russian fingerlings. I cann from my trees,bushes,gardens,ect. I do reconize what is in the jar,except beef and venison where I put a b or v on the jar lid along with year. We have never had a tremor in this state that I can remember.I cann atleast 600 jars per year to over 1000. I have over 3000 jars.Happy Canning!7thswan

11. Alesia says:

Emma: First, I was blessed with a momma, grandma and aunts who canned and taught me. Secondly, other than the tried and true family methods, I rely heavily on my Ball Canning Book. It tells you step by step what to do.

12. Renee Wheaton says:

This is my goal!! I am on my way, just started canning this year. I am sad I did not start sooner!!!!

13. Renee Wheaton says:

You are my Idol, I just started canning this year. I am on my way. I wish I had started sooner. I LOVE your pantry. I hope I get to this soon. How often do you eat your canned food?

14. Mindy says:

I love this!! I am remodeling my house and will be back into it in April and my storageroom/pantry is going to be huge!(Approx 20’x 25′)!I have slowly been watching my supplies/ stock pile go down because I dont have room in my rental house like I did in my house and when I move back in it will be 3x the size it was (thanking my hubby for giving up his man cave for my crazy couponing deals along with my canning habit ) Im excited to get my garden growing this year so I have plenty of things to can later on! You did a great job utilizing your space by not having a ton of space beteen the jars and shelves (this is exactly what I told hubby I wanted to do too!)

15. Jeanne says: