CANNING ACROSS AMERICA – TERMS OF SERVICE
LAST REVISED: JULY 30, 2009
This website http://canningacrossamerica.com/ (“Site”) is provided by Canning Across America as an informational and community resource, in order to provide information regarding (and to encourage) canning and preserving.
1. License. The Site, and all materials accessible on the Site (“Materials”) are provided for informational purposes and you may use the Site and any Materials for your own personal (non-commercial) use. The Site and Materials are not in the public domain, and you do not have a license to commercialize or exploit the Site or Materials without permission of the applicable rights holder.
2. No Warranties. We do not make any warranties regarding the Site or Materials, including any instructions provided on the Site. The Site and Materials are provided “as is,” and you should not rely on the Site or Materials in the course of your own canning or other activities. You should consult with other resources or use your own independent judgment. Similarly, we do not endorse or make any warranties with respect to any links on the Site or in the Materials, or any activities suggested or organized on the Site, or by other end users of the Site.
3. Code of Conduct. The Site may allow for commenting, sharing, or other interactivity. When you comment or otherwise interact with other users of the Site, you agree to play fair, and not to engage in any conduct or interaction that is harassive, obscene, or otherwise injurious, either to the interests of other users, the Site, or those who operate the Site. We reserve the right to ban any users at our discretion.
4. Infringement Notification. If you are a copyright or other intellectual property owner and feel that any content in the Materials or the Site infringe on your intellectual property, please send us a notice identifying the potentially infringing material, and additional details, as specified in our DMCA/Infringement policy, which you can find here.
5. Governing Law/Venue. Any dispute relating to your use of the Site or Materials shall be resolved under Washington law, in Seattle, Washington, by mandatory and binding arbitration. The arbitration will be conducted with one single arbitrator presiding, under the rules of the American Arbitration Association. You waive your right to proceed in court (and to have a jury trial), and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue in Seattle, Washington.
6. Changes to the Terms. We reserve the right to revise these terms at any time. Any such change will be prospective only. Click on the terms when you access the Site to see when the terms have been last revised – we will indicate any revisions to these terms on the top, next to “Last Revised.”
If you have any questions about these terms or about the Site, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.